Wollongong Entertainment Directory
Be the first to advertise in Wollongong Entertainment Directory!
We are developing wollongong.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Wollongong for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the entertainment in Wollongong?
Wollongong, a city in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia, is a bustling hub of activities that cater to the leisure and entertainment needs of visitors and residents alike. From adventurous outdoor pursuits to tranquil indoor escapes, there are plenty of options available for everyone, holding something that suits their preferences and tastes. Therefore, to help you explore the best recreational opportunities in Wollongong, we have divided them into four categories, namely Tours and Adventure, Cinema, Theatre, and Other Leisure Activities.
Tours and Adventure:
1. Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures - This popular attraction in Wollongong offers one of the most spectacular views of the rainforest canopy and the coastline, all from a height of 45 meters above the ground. For adventure enthusiasts, they offer zipline and elevated walking tours across the trees.
2. Jamberoo Action Park - Located just half an hour's drive south of Wollongong, Jamberoo Action Park is perfect for families, thrill-seekers, and anyone looking for a great day out. The park boasts several water slides, rides, and attractions, including the Funnel Web, the Taipan, and the Billabong Beach.
3. South Coast Cruises - Experience the magic of dolphin watching in Jervis Bay, just a short drive south of Wollongong, with South Coast Cruises. The company offers whale watching cruises, eco tours, and sunset cruises for a fun-filled day exploring the South Coast.
1. Greater Union Cinemas - Located in the Wollongong Central Shopping Centre, the Greater Union Cinemas offers several screens with the latest movie releases and reclining chairs for maximum comfort. The cinema complex is equipped with all the modern amenities to make for an enjoyable movie experience.
2. Harbourfront Restaurant & Bar - With the spectacular views of the Wollongong Harbour and the Pacific Ocean, Harbourfront Restaurant offers a unique fusion of food, drinks, and entertainment. The restaurant boasts a large bar area, live music, and a fully-lit dance floor.
3. Gala Cinema - The Gala Cinema is a quaint, independently run cinema that showcases a mix of mainstream and art-house movies. Located in Warrawong, just south of Wollongong, the cinema offers two screens and a cafe that serves coffee and light snacks.
1. Merrigong Theatre Company - The Merrigong Theatre Company is the main theatrical production house in the Illawarra region, and it offers a diverse program of theatre shows, musicals, and comedy performances throughout the year. The centre also hosts various workshops for aspiring actors or those looking to learn new skills.
2. IMB Theatre - Located at the Wollongong Entertainment Centre, the IMB Theatre is a modern venue that combines contemporary architecture, design, and technology. It offers a wide array of performances, including music, dance, theatre, circus, and cabaret shows.
3. Roo Theatre Company - Established in 1972, the Roo Theatre Company is committed to creating and producing quality theatre productions and dramatic literature. Located in Shellharbour Village, the group showcases a mix of drama, musicals, and comedy shows to cater to all tastes.
Other Leisure Activities:
1. Wollongong Botanic Garden - The Wollongong Botanic Garden is a picturesque escape from the buzz of the city. The garden features a Japanese garden, rose garden, rainforest, and herb garden, among others. There is also a playground and a picnic area where visitors can relax and enjoy the scenery.
2. Cordeaux Dam - For those who love hiking and bushwalking, the Cordeaux Dam is the perfect spot to explore. Located around 45 minutes' drive southwest of Wollongong, the dam provides a scenic walk with breathtaking views of the Illawarra Escarpment.
3. Wollongong Beach - If you want to have a relaxing, lazy day by the beach, Wollongong Beach is the perfect spot. With crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches, the spot offers swimming, surfing, and sunbathing opportunities along with an array of restaurants and cafes.
So, there you have it, some of the best leisure and entertainment options that Wollongong has to offer. These activities are perfect for locals or tourists seeking adventure, relaxation or culture in the Wollongong region. With a wide range of options available, there is always something fun to do in this city.
Wollongong Entertainment Articles